San Mateo County LGBTQ Resources
Updated resource information and feedback is welcomed. Please contact the commission at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: We are providing this resource list as information only. Incusion of an organization or program in this list does not imply endorsement, nor are we liable for errors of omission in publishing this list.
- Anti-Violence Organizations
- Business Associations
- Community Organizations, Social Clubs, & Family Support Networks
- Behavioral Health, Mental Health, & Recovery Services
- Culture: Ethnicity/Nationality/Race
- Housing Services
- Legal Services & Associations
- Medical Services/Clinics
- Political Organizations/Policy/Government
- Youth/Transitional Age Youth
CORA (Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse):
CORA is a multicultural agency committed to serving victims/survivors of domestic violence/abuse, regardless of age, ethnicity/race, financial status, language, sexual orientation, immigration status, class, religion, gender, mental or physical ability; providing free and confidential emergency, intervention and prevention services, including emergency shelter and transitional housing for victims/survivors . Services offered in Spanish and English.
- Website: https://www.corasupport.org/
- Mailing and/or Business Address: 2211 Palm Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94403
- Phone Number: Business Line: 650-652-0800 | 24 Hour Hotline: 800.300.1080
- Email Address: email@example.com
RTS (Rape Trauma Services):
RTS provides comprehensive sexual assault services for survivors and their loved ones while working in the community to prevent sexual assault, end cycles of violence, and educate residents and providers about sexual violence and other kinds of abuse.
- Website: http://rapetraumaservices.org/
- Mailing and/or Business Address: 1860 El Camino Real, Suite 406, Burlingame, CA 94010
- Phone Number: Business Line – (650) 652-0598, 24-Hour Crisis Line – (650) 692-RAPE (7273)
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
A free resource guide, website, and app of LGBTQ friendly businesses in the bay area.
- Mailing and/ or Business Address: 745 Airport Boulevard
South San Francisco, CA 94080
- Phone Number: 650.598.0333
Baylands Frontrunners, is a running and walking club for lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people, and friends. Membership is open to all.
- Website: www.baylands.org
- Mailing and/or Business Address: PO Box 51456, Palo Alto, CA 94303
- Phone Number: Voicemail– (650) 681-9002
- Email Address: email@example.com
Coastside Rainbow Women
Coastside Rainbow Women is a social group for lesbians, bi-sexual women, and their supporters who reside in the San Mateo County coastal communities.
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/CoastsideRainbowWomen
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PFLAG San Jose/Peninsula Chapter
Formerly known as Parents, Friends and Family of Lesbians and Gays, is the United States' largest organization for parents, families, friends, and straight allies united with people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning.
- Website: www.pflagsanjose.org
- Mailing and/or Business Address: PFLAG, P.O. Box 2718, Sunnyvale, CA 94087
- Phone Number: Helpline- (408) 270-8182
- Email Address: email@example.com
San Mateo County Pride Center
Born of the struggles and triumphs of the LGBTQ+ community over the years, the San Mateo County Pride Center is the first ever LGBTQ+ center in San Mateo County. Standing for equity, inclusion, dignity, self-determination, and justice, the Pride Center provides a broad range of services to individuals and families of all ages, with specialized programming for youth and older adults. The Pride Center is unique in that it combines direct mental health services with social and educational programming, both at the Pride Center and in the community at large. Whether to seek behavioral health services or to gather in solidarity with others to share stories, build relationships, learn, grow, create, and heal together, LGBTQ+ individuals and communities throughout the Peninsula finally have a space to call their own!
The pride Center has also gathered current information that can be helpful for those who need more information on Health & Wellness, Crisis / Emergency, Education, Trans/GNC, Employment and Self-Care...Etc. Visit their public Google Drive to see more helpful resources that can help you or others @ www.bit.ly/pride-center-resources
- Website: http://sanmateopride.org/
- Mailing and/or Business Address: 1021 S. El Camino Real, San Mateo, CA 94402
- Phone Number: (650) 591-0133
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The PRIDE Initiative is a program of San Mateo County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services (BHRS) Office of Diversity and Equity committed to fostering a welcoming environment for the LGBTQQI communities living and working in San Mateo County through an interdisciplinary and inclusive approach. Pride Initiative is made up of individuals who are concerned about the well-being of the LGBTQQI communities in San Mateo County.
- Website: https://www.smchealth.org/bhrs/ode/pride
- Mailing and/or Business Address: 225 West 37th Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94403
- Phone Number: Katy Davis (650) 372-3214 or Lauren Szyper (415) 926-3121
- Email Address: For more information regarding the PRIDE Initiative and ways to get involved please contact Katy Davis, PhD, LCSW at email@example.com or Lauren Szyper, MS at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Equity Initiatives
The health Equity Initiatives work to decrease stigma, educate and empower community members, support wellness and recovery, and build culturally responsive services. We strive to make behavioral health services culturally appropriate and mental wellness accessible for all San Mateo County residents.
- Diversity and Equity Council
- African American Community Initiative
- Chinese Health Initiative
- Filipino Mental Health Initiative
- Latino Collaboration
- Native American Initiative
- Pacific Islander Initiative
- Pride Initiative
- Vision and Values
Phone Number: 650.573.2222
Project Sentinel is a non-profit organization that assists individuals with housing problems such as discrimination (including LGBTQ housing discrimination), mortgage foreclosure & delinquency, rental issues including repairs, deposits, privacy, dispute resolution, home buyer education, post purchase education and reverse mortgages.
- Website: www.housing.org
- Mailing and/or Business Address: Redwood City Office- 1615 Hudson St, Suite A, Redwood City, CA 94061
- Phone Number: Phone (650) 321-6291
- Email Address: email@example.com
Bay Area Legal Aid:
Bay Legal provides free civil legal assistance to low-income individuals living in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, and Santa Clara Counties. Services include legal advice, representation, and/or effective referrals in the following areas:
Restraining orders, family law and immigration assistance for victims of intimate partner violence, family violence, sexual assault, stalking, or human trafficking, Protection from housing discrimination based on sexual orientation, family status, age, race, national origin, and other illegal bases and preservation of affordable housing, including eviction defense, Access to health care coverage and services, including medical billing problems and help with denials of coverage for medically necessary and culturally appropriate care for LGBTQ individuals
Bay Legal's staff provides services in a wide array of languages and is trained and culturally competent.
- Website: www.baylegal.org
- Mailing and/or Business Address: 1048 El Camino Real, Suite A, Redwood City, CA 94063
- Phone Number: (650) 358-0745, Legal Advice Line: (650) 472-2666.
Daly City Youth Health Center
The Daly City Youth Health Center is a community wellness center providing excellent primary health care, counseling services, vocational internships, and comprehensive sexual health education for youth, ages 12- 24. The Daly City Youth Health Center welcomes and supports all youth, regardless of their immigration status, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability, or gender.
- Website: http://www.dalycityyouth.org/
- Mailing and/ or Business Address: 350 90th St. 3rd Floor, Daly City, CA 94015
- Phone Number: 650.877.5700
Planned Parenthood Mar Monte
provides a range of reproductive and general health services including birth control, pregnancy testing and options counseling, STD testing and treatment, HIV testing, breast and cervical cancer screening, abortion, prenatal care, pediatrics, adult cisgender, and transgender primary health care.
- Website: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-mar-monte
- Mailing and/or Business Address:
- Redwood City Location- 2907 El Camino Real, Redwood City, CA 94061
- San Mateo Location- 29 Baywood Ave, San Mateo, CA 94402
- Phone Numbers:
- Redwood City- 650.503.7810
- San Mateo- 650.235.7940
LGBTQ Perinatal Wellness Associates
We are a group of exceptionally skillful, highly-qualified, LGBTQ perinatal wellness practitioners. We are passionately dedicated to supporting your growing family's needs from preconception preparation through childbirth to early parenthood & beyond.
Bay Area Municipal Elections Committee (BAYMEC)
The Bay Area Municipal Elections Committee (BAYMEC) is a four-county lesbian, gay bisexual, and transgendered (LGBT) political action group, advocating for the civil rights of LGBT people since 1984. BAYMEC is the only political action committee (PAC) dedicated to this purpose in the central coast counties of San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey.
- Website: www.baymec.org
San Mateo County LGBTQ Commission
The LGBTQ Commission is an advisory body to the Board of Supervisors whose mission is to cultivate San Mateo County as a welcoming and safe environment where it’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community members can thrive. The Commission meets on the first Tuesday of each month, 6:30 – 8:30 PM at the San Mateo County Pride Center, 1021 S. El Camino Real, San Mateo, CA 94402. Meetings are open to the public.
- Website: https://lgbtq.smcgov.org/
- Mailing and/or Business Address: 455 County Center, Redwood City, CA 94063
- Phone Number: 650-363-4467
- Email: LGBTQinfo@smcgov.org
Many Journeys MCC
Many Journeys MCC is a gathering of primarily LGBTQ+ people. We don’t all believe the same things we just agree to travel together.
- Website: http://manyjourneysmcc.org/
- Mailing and/or Business Address: 1150 W. Hillsdale, San Mateo, CA
- Phone Number: 650-515-0900
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Congregational Church of San Mateo
- Website: http://www.ccsm-ucc.org/
- Mailing and/or Business Address: 225 Tilton Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94401
- Phone Number: (650) 343-3694
- Email: email@example.com
Peninsula Family Service, Senior Peer Counseling LGBTQ Program
To help our region’s older adults stay active and engaged, Peninsula Family Service offers an innovative peer-to-peer senior peer counseling program in English, Mandarin, Tagalog, and Spanish, as well as individualized services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender participants.
- Website: www.peninsulafamilyservice.org
- Mailing and/or Business Address: 24 Second Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94401
- Phone Number: 650-403-4300
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adolescent Counseling Services, Outlet- San Mateo & Redwood City
Outlet empowers Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Questioning (LGBTQQ+) youth and builds safe and accepting communities through support, education, and advocacy. Outlet envisions a world that embraces, empowers, and celebrates LGBTQQ+ youth.
- Website: www.acs-teens.org/what-we-do/outlet/
- Mailing and/or Business Address:
- Redwood City Location: 643 Bair island Road, Suite 301, Redwood City, CA 94063
- San Mateo Location: 1021 South El Camino Real, San Mateo, CA 94402
- Phone Numbers:
- Gilbert Gammad, Outlet Program Coordinator- 650.591.0133 x 148 or 650.395.7021
- Ben Liddie, Outlet Program Coordinator- 650.424.0852 x 107
- Email: Gilbert Gammad- email@example.com; Ben Liddie- firstname.lastname@example.org
Bay Area Youth Summit
Bay Area Youth Summit (BAYS) aims to bridge disenfranchised and underrepresented youth sub-communities that identify as LGBTQ. BAYS seeks to foster a safe social forum to promote constructive conversations that serve to generate greater awareness and acceptance among youth of all orientations and identities.
- Website: www.bayareayouthsummit.org/
GSA Network (Gay-Straight Alliance Network)
A national youth leadership organization that connects school-based Gay-Straight Alliances (GSAs) to each other and community resources through peer support, leadership development, and training. There are 29 schools in San Mateo County with GSA’s.
- Website: www.gsanetwork.org
- Phone Number: 415.552.4229
- Social Media:
[See More in Alameda County Resources]
Edgewood Center for Children and Families Drop-in Center in San Bruno & Redwood City
The Drop-in Centers in San Mateo County is a voluntary, peer-driven program that provides interpersonal, educational, vocational, wellness, and recreational opportunities for San Mateo County young adults between the ages of 18-25 to expand the skills necessary for a successful transition into adulthood. A LGBTQ group for young adults meets every third Thursday of every month from 6pm-7pm at the Drop-in Center South in Redwood City.
- Website: https://edgewood.org/
- Mailing and/or Business Address:
- San Bruno Location- 931 W. San Bruno, Ste. 2 San Bruno, CA 94066
- Redwood City Location- 604 Price Avenue, Ste. A Redwood City, CA 94063
- Phone Number:
- San Bruno- 650.832.6797
- Redwood City- 650.517.8211
Outlet- San Mateo, CA
[See: Adolescent Counseling Services, Outlet- San Mateo]